An eleven day trip from St Malo to Nice in April 2009
The Group swelled to six with Gus Meyer who has completed all the Hospice Challenges to date and Paul Pierson from the UK. We also agreed to take a support vehicle which Chris Le Marquand kindly supplied (a great looking VW capable of taking seven bikes, seven blokes and all our supplies and provisions which it did, with ease).
A founder member of Big Vern’s Cycle Club, Jerseyman Richard Le Sueur has a formidable reputation in leading his Harley mates around Europe & was similarly successful in getting us to Paris. Richard, therefore, landed the job of organising the route for this trip & his plan is included below.
It was a great trip which took us coast to coast and onto Nice and a cycling distance of 777 miles with one day abandoned due to weather conditions.
- Day One: St Malo to Vitre
- Day Two: Vitre to Cholet
- Day Three: Cholet to Melle
- Day Four: Melle to Angouleme
- Day Five: Angouleme to Bergerac
- Day Six: Bergerac to Montauban
- Day Seven: Montauban to Carcassonne
- Day Eight: Carcassone to Port Camargue
- Day Nine: Port Camargue to Aix en Provence
- Day Ten: Aix en Provence to Les Issambres
- Day Eleven: Les Issambres to Nice
- Day Twelve