St. Malo to Nice expedition 2009
1338km (831 miles)
- Presentation of the official tour Jerseys at Big Vern’s and check final travel details,
Departing Day 1 – 18 April 2009
- 8.45 Condor Ferries Jersey to St Malo (check in 7.45)
- 11.15 arrive in St Malo and start cycling
- Cycle 97km 60m to Vitre where we have prebook 1st night accommodation
- We have a choice of hotels, the 1st to get back to me is Le Minotel
Day 2 – 19 April 2009
Day 3 – 20 April 2009
- Cycle 140km 87m from Chemille to Le Melle, this is a hospital town so any problems we can get it sorted here, there are a few hills on the way
Day 4 – 21 April 2009
- Cycle 80km 50m from Melle to Angouleme. Downhill training here then we will have a half day off where we can visit the Hennessey Cognac distillery in this town and get fuelled up for the rest of the trip
Day 5 – 22 April 2009
- Cycle 111km 70m from Angouleme to Bergerac, we start our hilly days here.
Day 6 – 23 April 2009
- Cycle 135km 84m from Bergerac to Montaban, very hilly climbs and drops, possibly the worst day for hills
Day 7 – 24 April 2009
- Cycle 151km 94m from Bergerac to Carcasson, this is a stunning town like St. Malo as it is inside fort walls.
Day 8 – 25 April 2009
- Cycle 176km 109m from Carcassonne to Port Camargue, mostly downhill, but this is the longest day in the saddle, so early start but we will get to the Med.
Day 9 – 26 April 2009
- Cycle 129km 80m from Port Camargue to Aix en Provence. Hopefully have time to see the lovely town, we cross through the national park of Camargue so hope to see a few of those wild horses.
Day 10 – 27 April 2009
- Cycle 132km 82m from Saint Aix en Provence to Les Issambres, we take the inland route that is shorter but hillier than the coast.
Day 10 and the Final day – 28 April 2009
- Cycle 86km 53m from Les Issambres to Nice